I. PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
Mailbox International will not directly or indirectly, participate in any way in any transaction involving any commodity, software or technology (hereinafter collectively referred to as “item”) exported or to be exported from the United States that is subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Mailbox International takes every precaution and makes every effort to fully comply with all laws and regulations governing international trade, including the Federal Trade Statistics Regulations (FTSR). The following list is a non-exclusive sampling of items that are either restricted, cannot be shipped or, depending on your destination country, may either require an import license, additional documentation and/or cause problems and delays during the customs review of your shipment:
- Combustible/flammable items (paints, oils, lighters, perfume, nail polish)
- Any type of pressurized can (hair spray, shaving cream, spray cans of any type)
- Hazardous materials (matches, chemicals, explosives)
- Firearms, weaponry and their parts: military, police and tactical equipment of any kind, including guns, gun replicas, gun accessories, gun components (magazines, clips and rail systems), ammunition, knives, swords, compound bows, crossbows, discharge weapons such as shock batons or stun guns, tooling for guns or gun parts, optical scopes, laser sights, night sights, night visions goggles, handcuffs and other restraints, surveillance equipment.
- Agricultural products such as tobacco, plants and seeds.
- Perishable foods
- Animals and products made with animal skin (furs)
- Alcohol (Mailbox International can ship table wine in limited quantities to most countries except Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia)
- Cash, currency, money orders, cashiers? checks, bank drafts, bearer bonds and collectible stamps and coins. Jewelry and precious stones are (a) restricted to some countries and (b) can only be insured up to $500 maximum and any shipments of jewelry in excess of $500 carriage limit is uninsured and Member assumes all risk of loss above such limit
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices
- Prescription and/or veterinary medication
- Lock picking devices
- Government IDs and licenses, or items that claim to be, or that look similar to, government identification documents. This includes uniforms and badges or patches designed to look like official government issue.
II. COUNTRIES Mailbox International DOES NOT SHIP TO
Mailbox International will not ship to any of the following countries:
- North Korea
III. FRAUD PREVENTION
Mailbox International will use commercially reasonable best efforts to prevent any fraudulent use of the Mailbox International service. Mailbox International works diligently to prevent credit card fraud and cancels any Member accounts engaged in such activity and returns the merchandise to the merchant. Mailbox International requires documentation from applicants to ensure against fraud, such as requiring copies of identification and credit cards. Mailbox International also prohibits use of the Mailbox International service for multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes, receiving checks and/money orders, and other business practices easily subject to abuse.
IV. DENIED PERSONS
Mailbox International will not ship to persons and/or entities identified on any U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List, Entity List of proliferation concern, on the US State Department Debarred Parties List or Treasury Department Designated Nationals exclusion list, the BIS “Unverified List” and the “List of Specially Designated Nationals” maintained by the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. Nor will Mailbox International ship to any person or entity that is directly or indirectly involved in the financing, commission or support of terrorist activities or in the development or production of nuclear, chemical, biological weapons or in missile technology programs as specified in the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (15 CRF 744).